Four months from today I head out on the first of several travel expeditions that this blog will report about. Up to now I have been writing about past trips and excursions as well as smaller current trips.
This trip is totally DIY and broken up into four stages:
- First: Kenai Peninsula
- Second: Denali
- Third: Fairbanks Arctic North
- Fourth: Anchorage and homeward bound
Fast Facts about the 2022 AK Trip
Dates: June 6-June 30
- Homer: Offshore halibut fishing
- Cooper Landing: Rainbow trout and salmon fishing on famous Kenai rivers
- Talkeetna: Float plane fly-in fishing to glacier-fed lakes Denali and local rivers
- Fairbanks: Midnight Summer Festival
- Arctic North: explore Brooks Mountain range and Arctic National park area
- Kenai Peniula and Kenai Fjords
- Denali National Park
- Gates of Arctic National Park
I will be meeting my old Navy buddy in Homer and we’ll spend a few days fishing throughout the Kenai and catching up on old times. Last time I saw Huck was in 1983.
My daughter will be joining me for the Arctic leg in Fairbanks.